Week One CSA Blue Yonder Organic Farm
We're back! After a frosty winter and seemingly endless month of rain things are finally taking off and the farm has greened up. We have lots of lambs hopping through the fields, bees building up comb in their hives, apple trees blooming, and chickens running everywhere. It is an exciting time of year and we are happy to share it with you again this year.
In Your Box This Week
- fresh picked strawberries
- arugula greens
- shiitake mushrooms
- pak choi or kale
We will contact you shortly regarding your first pickup/ delivery.
Strawberry Arugula SaladSalad
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries (halved)
- 7 oz Arugula
- 2 tablespoons red onion
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup of your choice of nuts (pecans, slivered almonds)
- 1 cup grilled chicken (optional)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots (60 g), thinly sliced
- Pinch each sea salt and pepper (~1/8th tsp)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) maple syrup (or sub other sweetener of choice)
Instructions for dressing
- heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and shallot. Sauté until soft and fragrant - 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add shallot to blender or food processor with balsamic vinegar, 2 Tbsp olive oil, maple syrup and a pinch each salt and pepper. Blend until completely pureed. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.